Need a webcam? Want to hook up a second webcam for multi-cam streaming? EpocCam from Kinoni lets you connect your phone to your computer as a second video input!
It works either wirelessly over WiFi or with a direct USB cable connection for lower latency.
I’ve only played with the iPhone version, but there looks to be an Android version as well, and they should both work with either Mac or PC computers. It’s slightly fiddly to set up, but I got it working:
- Install the EpocCam app on your phone.
- Install the driver from Kinoni’s website on your computer.
- Launch the EpocCam app on your phone. It’ll show a “connecting” screen.
- Launch whatever app you want to use the video input.
- Go into the video settings and choose EpocCam as a source.
There’s a non-zero probability that I may be using this setup as part of my weekly DJ livestreaming on Twitch on Saturday mornings. Just saying. :)