During my between-homework breaks today, I snagged bits of time here and there to see if I could slap together a new design for my site. Initially I was just hoping to find a decent temporary placeholder theme until I had time to really dive into a full redesign, but as it turned out, I think I’m happy enough with this to simply declare it my new look (until I get bored again).

I’ve wanted to simplify things and remove some of the clutter for a while, so I went looking for a nice, clean, single-column theme. After experimenting with two or three, I’ve settled on Satorii, by Felipe Lavin, slightly modified to fit my taste (adding the graphic in the background, switching to a serif font, and using my handwriting font for the site and post titles). I may do other tweaks here and there — I’m not thrilled with the footer at the moment — but that will come as I have time and inspiration strikes.

For the most part, though, this is what I’m going with from here forward. Nice, simple, clean, and easy to read.