Sometime between September 3rd and September 4th, I thought this stuff was interesting. You might think so too!
- Print Story: Attacks, praise stretch truth at GOP convention: The AP fact-checks the RNC speeches. FORMER ARKANSAS GOV. MIKE HUCKABEE: Palin "got more votes running for mayor of Wasilla, Alaska than Joe Biden got running for president of the United States." THE FACTS: A whopper. Palin got 616 votes in the 1996 mayor's election, and got 909 in her 1999 re-election race, for a total of 1,525. Biden dropped out of the race after the Iowa caucuses, but he still got 76,165 votes in 23 states and the District of Columbia where he was on the ballot during the 2008 presidential primaries.
- Footnotes, Endnotes, and Parentheticals That Cost Me Marks on My Thesis.: (Admittedly, I didn't read it, but I'd like to think I got the gist from the movie.)
- Sarah Palin, VP nominee: [Former Wasilla mayor] Stein says that as mayor, Palin continued to inject religious beliefs into her policy at times. “She asked the library how she could go about banning books,” he says, because some voters thought they had inappropriate language in them. “The librarian was aghast.” The librarian, Mary Ellen Baker, couldn’t be reached for comment, but news reports from the time show that Palin had threatened to fire her for not giving “full support” to the mayor.
- Cute meme-geeky easter egg in Google’s new webbrowser Chrome: This is what you see when you visit about:internets. This is freaking awesome.
- ObamaTaxCut.com: Barack Obama will cut taxes for over 95% of American families (even though more than half of American think he'll raise their taxes). What's your Obama Tax cut? Let's find out!