Since I’ll hit 20 years of blogging this November, this year I’m posting a daily list of anything I published on this day in the past.

There are 20 posts previously published on March 23rd

  • 2017
    • Book twenty-one of 2017: My Monster Boyfriend, edited by C. Spike Trotman. ⭐️⭐️⭐️
  • 2016
    • What do you mean, #nwc39 doesn’t start until tomorrow? ;)
    • All packed up and hitting the road. #nwc39 here I come! (83/366)
  • 2014
    • Back in the ‘burg after a very pleasant visit with family.
  • 2010
    • Law and Order and the Lakewood Shootings I'm finding myself quite intrigued by my reactions as I watched last night's Law and Order, which was based loosely on the Lakewood police shootings of last fall. When I saw last week's promos for this episode, I had wondered about the possibility of it being a fictionalized take on the Lakewood shootings, but it was soon quite obvious that this was the case.
  • 2009
    • The Norwescon Outfit I Didn’t Make This is what I wanted to do for this year's Norwescon...and, to be honest, I _still_ think it'd be fun to do it at some point in the future. I don't know if I'll ever get around to it, but it's fun to have it rattling around in my head.
  • 2006
    • Monty Python’s Lord of the Rings NOBODY expects the Orcish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise. Surprise and fear, our two main weapons. Our two main weapons, surprise, fear, and an almost fanatical devotion to Saruman. THREE main weapons, surprise, fear, nice black uniforms... I'll come in again.
    • Wimoweh Lawsuit Won Back in July of '03 I pointed to an incredible [in-depth look at the story of 'Wimoweh'. In July of '04 came word that Disney was being sued by the heirs of 'Wimoweh' author Solomon Linda. Finally, the case has been won by Linda's family.
  • 2005
    • Punk Love One cute shot from last summer's Folklife festival, slightly Photoshopped -- and one companion shot that amused me.
    • Living Will A political cartoon about living wills. I could use one of these, actually.
    • How to Blog (Annotated) Shamelessly stealing an idea from Tvindy, I'm going to take a look at Tony Pierce's recently posted 'How to Blog' post and contribute my thoughts on his advice. Because I have no original ideas of my own.
    • WordPress, Inc. Congratulations to Matt on turning Wordpress into Wordpress, Inc. -- and to Jonas for being the first hire at the new company!
    • Photo Flood Yesterday I realized that while my Flickr Pro account allows me up to 1Gb of uploads each month, I haven't been using anywhere near that much -- so I decided to fix that. :) Three new sets from 2004 are up: Bumbershoot, the Gay Pride parade, and the Fremont Solstice Festival.
  • 2004
    • Adding to the TypeKey fray Okay, so while I wasn't paying much attention, TypeKey became the most recent firestorm to sweep through the weblog world. By now, you probably already know at least the basics of TypeKey — and if not, then you're not likely to be interested in the rest of this rambling.
    • Gay Penguin Love This makes me grin for two reasons: one, because of all the people who claim that homosexuality 'isn't natural', and two, because it's penguins! ;)
    • Forecast: cloudy, 67% chance of God Hey, all you atheists out there — looks like you've only got about a 33% chance of being right. According to Dr. Stephen Unwin, there is a 67% chance that God exists.
    • ‘Under God’ in the Supreme Court Following up on the '…under God…' controversy from 2002 and last year, tomorrow the case will be heard by the U.S. Supreme Court — with Dr. Michael A. Newdow representing himself in the case.
  • 2003
    • Patriotism My country, right or wrong. If right, to be kept right, if wrong, to be put right.
    • Why we're invading Finally — a simple, concise, clear explanation of why we're invading Iraq, in the form of a dialogue between a 'Warmonger' and a 'Peacenik.'
  • 2002

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *