Sometime between January 21st and January 26th, I thought this stuff was interesting. You might think so too!
- Improved Del.Icio.Us Posting Bookmarklet (With Gruber’s Title Case Goodness): "For a while, I used the del.icio.us Complete Firefox extension, but it's one of those few abandonware extensions that didn't make the trip to Firefox 3. So I switched back to my bookmarklet, as it can do everything the extension does and more — and with keyconfig and a handy reference, it can be triggered by a keystroke just as the extension was, so I'm all good."
- Time Machine backups on network shares in Leopard: A guide to setting up Time Machine backups over a network without springing for Apple's Time Capsule device.
- Obama signs order to close Guantanamo in a year: President Barack Obama began overhauling U.S. treatment of terror suspects Thursday, signing orders to close the Guantanamo Bay detention center, shut down secret overseas CIA prisons, review military war crimes trials and ban the harshest interrogation methods.
- The Obameter: Tracking Barack Obama’s Campaign Promises: PolitiFact has compiled about 500 promises that Barack Obama made during the campaign and is tracking their progress on our Obameter. We rate their status as No Action, In the Works or Stalled. Once we find action is completed, we rate them Promise Kept, Compromise or Promise Broken. (So far: 6 kept, 1 stalled, 14 in progress)
- US Democracy Server: Patch Day: * Leadership: Will now scale properly to national crises. Intelligence was not being properly applied. * A bug has been fixed that allowed the President to ignore the effects of debuffs applied by the Legislative classes. * Drain Treasury: There appears to be a bug that allowed loot to be transferred from the treasury to anyone on the President’s friends list, or in the President’s party. We are investigating. * Messages to and from the President will now be correctly saved to the chat log. * Messages originating from the President were being misclassified as originating from The American People. * A rendering error that frequently caused the President to appear wrapped in the American Flag texture has been addressed.